West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination(WBJEE) is a state-government controlled Centralized Test, for Admission in the College of West Bengal. Almost every Institution in West Bengal Intake Their Students by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination(WBJEE). The Test is taken after the 12th grade for Admission to Graduation (also known as Bachelors) courses. Criteria are student should be a Science Student at plus two levels. The Test is of two kinds WBJEE Medical for Biology Students and WBJEE for Mathematics. Biology is Medical college intake and Math’s is for Engineering college intake. WBJEE is a Prestigious Exam conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board and almost every student in West Bengal (of Science stream) takes this Exam. Approx. 3 lakh students appear this exam every year and the numbers are increasing.
WBJEE Application Form official website www.wbjeeb.nic.in
WBJEE 2019 Key Points:
|Name of Examination||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE)|
|Conducted By||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB)|
|State boundness||Candidates from any state of India are eligible to appear|
|Mode of Application||Online (Application Form)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Type of Exam||State Level Undergraduate Entrance Exam|
|Date of Exam||May 26, 2019|
|Courses Propounded||Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture, Biology (if WBJEE Medical)|
|Website of WBJEE||www.wbjeeb.in , www.wbjeeb.nic.in|
|No. of Seats Available||34000+ From page 37/71 to 49/71|
WBJEE 2019 Important Date:
|Activity||Date (with time)|
|Start of Online form fill-up||26/12/2018|
|Last date of online form fill-up including
payment and downloading confirmation page
|Last date for downloading the confirmation page||25/01/2019|
|The window for correction by candidates||23/01/2019 to 25/01/2019|
|Publication of Downloadable Admit Card in
|Date of Examinations:
1. Paper-I (Mathematics)
2. Paper-II (Physics & Chemistry)
11:00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
|Publication of Results||02/07/2019 (tentative)|
Note: All schedules are subject to change under unavoidable circumstances.
WBJEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
To appear in the exam the candidate must fulfill the Eligibility Criteria of WBJEE 2019 which include the Restriction on Nationality, Age, Education Qualification, and Domicile.
Nationality– Candidates must be an Indian citizen.
Age Limits– The minimum age to appear in WBJEE 2019 is 17(Seventeen) years as on 31st December 2019, i.e. candidates who born on or after 1st Jan 2003 are not eligible. There is no upper limit of age to apply for WBJEE 2019.
NOTE– For Marine Engineering Course, the minimum age should be 17 years as on 31st December 2019 & upper age limit should be 25 years as on 31st December 2019.
Required Educational Qualification:
The candidate has to pass or appear in 10+2 examination from a recognized board. Candidates have to qualify their qualifying examination with Physics & Mathematics along with one of the subjects Biology/Biotechnology/Chemistry/ Computer Science/Computer Application as compulsory subjects. Candidates have to secure minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST category) in the above three subjects taken together. Candidate must pass English in the 10+2 examination with minimum 30% marks. Appearing Candidates can also apply.
NOTE– For Pharmacy Admission – Those who will appear in only Paper II the compulsory papers are Physics and Chemistry both, along with any one of Mathematics / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects, and other criteria are same.
*Few elite Institutes have there Individual Educational Criteria which is listed in Page no. 16/71 to 18/71 in Click here[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Syllabus for WBJEE-2019:
The Questions are basically MCQ types. The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination syllabus is based upon PCM or PCB topics taught in classes 11th and 12th. Even so, WBJEEB specifies complete WBJEE syllabus so as to make things easier for aspirants. The subject wise important topics of WBJEE 2019 Syllabus is mentioned below:
- A.P., G.P., H.P.
- Complex Numbers
- Polynomial equation
- Permutation and combination
- The principle of mathematical induction
- Binomial theorem (positive integral index)
- Sets, Relations, and Mappings
- Relation and its properties. Equivalence relation
- Statistics and Probability
- The measure of dispersion, mean, variance and standard deviation, frequency distribution. Addition and multiplication rules of probability, conditional probability and Bayes’ Theorem, independence of events, repeated independent trials and Binomial distribution.
Trigonometric functions, addition and subtraction formulae, formulae involving multiple and sub-multiple angles, the general solution of trigonometric equations. Properties of triangles, inverse trigonometric functions, and their properties.
Coordinate geometry of two dimensions
Co-ordinate geometry of three dimensions
Direction cosines and direction ratios, the distance between two points and section formula, the equation of a straight line, the equation of a plane, the distance of a point from a plane.
- Differential calculus
- Rolle’s Theorem and Lagrange’s Mean Value theorem (statement only). Their geometric interpretation and elementary application. L’Hospital’s rule (statement only) and applications. Second order derivative.
- Integral calculus
- Definite integral as a limit of a sum with equal subdivisions. The fundamental theorem of integral calculus and its applications. Properties of definite integrals.
- Differential Equations
- Application of Calculus
- Physical World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions
- Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid state Electronics
- Optics (II) Wave Optics
- The motion of the center of mass, connected systems, Friction
- Bulk properties of matter
- Heat & Thermal Physics
- Optics I (Ray optics)
- Laws of motion
- Work, power, energy
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current
- Electromagnetic induction & alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Particle nature of light & wave-particle dualism
- Atoms, Molecules & Chemical Arithmetic
- Atomic Structure
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordination Compounds
- Chemistry of Metals
- Chemical Energetic and Chemical Dynamics
- Physical Chemistry of Solutions
- Chemistry in Industry
WBJEE Exam Pattern 2019:
|Subject||Category 1(One Marks Question)||Category 2(Two Marks Question)||Category 3(Two Marks Question)||No. of Question||Total Marks|
|Physics||30 Questions||5 Questions||5 Questions||40||50|
|Chemistry||30 Questions||5 Questions||5 Questions||40||50|
|Mathematics||50 Questions||15 Questions||10 Questions||75||100|
Note: All Questions are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) based.
WBJEE 2019 Application Form:
The WBJEE 2019 Application Form has been released and the candidates can access it from the official website wbjeeb.nic.in. The last date to submit the application form is 22 January 2019, and the confirmation page can be downloaded until 25 January 2019. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) will allow candidates to make corrections in the application form from 23 to 25 January 2019.
The steps to apply for WBJEE 2019 are:
- Apply for Online Registration
- Fill Online Application Form
- Upload Scanned Photo & Signature
- Pay Examination Fee
- Download Confirmation Page
- Latest colored passport size photograph
- Left-hand thumb impression
- Category certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Registration certificate/ admit card/ mark sheet of class 10th
- Income certificate
- PWD certificate
WBJEE 2019 Result:
The Results will be published on 05/06/2019 (tentative) on the official website www.wbjeeb.nic.in
WBJEE 2019 Contact Details:
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700 091.
Phone: (033) 2367 1159/ 1198
Email: email@example.com OR click the link”Contact Us” in wbjeeb.in
Toll free help desk: 1800-1023-781, 1800-3450-050